Chef Beaird Benefit DinnerRegular price $ 75.00 Save $ -75.00
Beaird Benefit Dinner
Can’t make the dinner? Still want to donate? You can! On the drop down menu there’s a donate option. Many thanks!!
4 chefs, 4 very different cuisines, coming together to create one amazing dinner for a fallen colleague.
When we met to discuss the details of this dinner, we sat there telling stories, laughing, having “ah-ha” moments in finding our circles tightened a little more and paths crossed a time or two. Worked under the same hot headed old school chefs, and yet, still never cried or quit cooking like our lives depended on it.
People tend to think that chefs are disgruntled and don’t get along with one another outside on their own restaurant. But the truth is, we have a camaraderie and mutual respect for one another that is unmatched in other professions. When called to rise together, rise we do.
When I asked “what is your favorite memory of George”, the answer went a little something like this (semi edited for children):
“There was lots of cussing, shit talking, probably a grease fire... but we managed to pull it together and serve a bad ass dinner”
And what chef hasn’t told a version of that story?
So, on the evening of February 9th, 2020. A few of us shit talkers will come together in one kitchen to serve a bad ass dinner in honor of a fallen fellow Golden Fork Chef to benefit the loving, supportive family he left behind.
We will donate our time and ingredients allowing for 100% of the tickets sales to go to the Beaird family. Cash bar will be available by the Port Grill.
- Cold Smoked Steelhead Trout, Porcini Cream Soup - Chef Brady Hibner
- Spiced Duck Confit, Green Papaya, Winter Squash Blossom, Purple Cabbage Brew, Caraway} - Chef Jessica Comegys
- Bulgur Cabbage Wrap, Succulent Shrimp, Crab Ball, Pink Crawfish Sauce - Chef Neima Longstratt
- Kalbi Beef Loco Moco, Sunny Side-Up Egg, Edamame Fried Rice - Chef Robert Minor
- Bananas Foster King Cake Flambé, Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream - Chef Collaboration